background

Sunday, November 18, 2012

My Halloween Projects

 I've been feeling much much better of late. As a result I've been up and doing more around the house. I've also had a huge desire to get crafty. Not having much money to go buy things for decorating and what not has made me soooooo super glad that I'm a bit of a pack rat. Therefore I've had the resources that I've needed in order to make a few really cute things for Halloween. Plus I've got a wonderful husband who is willing to do silly things for my like cut boards into odd size pieces!☺
This picture was my first project. I painted the frame, drew, traced and cut out my haunted house and rubber stamped the other scary Halloween things. I really would like to get a cricut or something like it but until then I'm happy doing things the old fashioned way.




My next project was actually a series of things that the kids and I put together. We had a lot of fun working on these.
Spiders glued to magnets for the front door and fridge.
Our mummy door was a hit with the kids. It did not look
too cool though by the time Halloween rolled around.
My creepy googlie eye frame. This was a lot of fun to make, not so much fun to remake! Allen enjoyed pulling the
eyes off. Lindy got frustrated after about the 3rd time of glueing them back on.
I painted on of my many many glass vases black then
added a beautful bouquet of spider covered flowers.
Clayton at first tried pulling them off because "Why would
mom want spiders on her flowers!"
Then we finished up by decorating the outside with spooky wavy vines, ghosts and spider webs.
For the vines I used a black plastic table cloth from the dollar store.

Our ghosts were simply garbage bags (which we salvaged for proper use
later) and milk jugs with ghost faces colored on them. They looked really cool from the road rather than up close!



These are 2 of my favorite projects. I had a lot of fun making my creepy cutouts. They are alot bigger than I expected them to be but they are super awesome on my door step.



 I'm very proud of my BOO letters. So proud that I actually left them up several weeks after Halloween and just barely took them down to put up my Thanksgiving deco.Clayton and Allen painted tp rolls so that we could turn them into monsters and I made my own monsters out of an assortment of jars. Not bad considering that I'm not really much of an artist!

No comments:

Post a Comment