background

Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's time to 'Boy Him Up'

I know, I know, Allen is growing up and will soon be a big active toddler running around at top speed and talking up a storm. I know that this will all happen whether I am ready for him to grow up or not. Theres just something about wanting your last baby to stay little FOREVER! I've had people telling me that my sweet little baby boy needs a haircut ever since the hair began growing over his ears. At that point I just ignored the comments. I mean, beautiful soft brown baby curls, who could in their right mind cut that off!                   
Well as you can imagine, his hair was getting pretty long and I was getting more and more comments about it, including advice from his sisters and father. I was finally told by a dear friend that I might want to 'boy him up a little'.  But, from my point of view its this, If I cut his hair, then I no longer have a baby but a toddler. My last baby, is it so wrong to want to keep him a baby as long as possible? I mean come on, everyone knows that he's going to be the most spoiled rotten kid ever for which he cleary will compensate for by being called the baby for the rest of his life. I can see it now, "Oh, the baby is going to Kindergarten"  "Thats the baby out there on the soccer field with the number 8 on his jersey"  "Oh, how sweet, the baby is off to High School, Graduation, College" "My baby just got married." So see, long hair or not, he'll always be the baby. I know that our friend and everyone else is right, it is past time to stop holding on to my baby boy and let him grow up. So here we are with Allen's first haircut.
It took 4 of us 1 to cut (me) one to hold, one to entertain and one to take pictures!
What a Handsome boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment