background

Friday, January 28, 2011

What Do I Do With My Sucker?

We were at Kylee's basketball game playing Dayton. Allen was nOOOOOt happy about being woken up from his nap and he was even less happy about having to stay in one spot. As a result he was throwing a very loud temper tantrum in the stroller. Very loud I say until a man nearby trying to help out and be friendly came over and asked Allen what was wrong. Allen shut up instantly and looked at his knees and nowhere else. Finally the man asks, "would you like a sucker?", blank stare, "Is it ok with mom if I get you a sucker?", blank stare. At this point Clayton pipes up, "I would like a sucker".

 OK. We're getting suckers! Allen stared at his knees the whole time the man was gone. Allen stares at his knees evern after the man comes back and waves a fistfull of suckers in his face asking him which color he would like.

In the meantime, Clayton picks out his sucker and is happily unwrapping it. Allen, finally realizing that mom is not going to bail him out finally looks up with his Bruce Willis half smile on his face and takes a sucker.


OK, everyone is happy and Kylee and her team are playing one of the best games I've ever seen, we're winning and all is right with the world for the time being.

 At this point Clayton (Allen is happily and quietly eating his sucker) decides he would like to get in on the fun of the game so he asks me, "What do I do with my sucker when I have to cwap?" I wonder why he would ask to go to the bathroom in such a manner? Where did he hear that from? Afterall we have never said we're going to the bathroom in such a manner, at least not that I have actually witnessed! So I ask him a bit bewildered, "You have to crap! Do you need to go to the bathroom?" His response, "NO!" "What Do I Do With My Sucker When I Have To C*L*A*P?

No comments:

Post a Comment